The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome to our Blog!

This blog will be about creating "Something from Nothing". We will be finding old forgotten "junk" and turning it into something useful and beautiful. There will be step by step instructions on making nothing into something. Including how to and most important how much.
These posts will be creative, useful, and affordable. The two of us will be blogging and posting about amazing finds and DIY projects. Laura the young junk lover who grew up on the Farm and Lianne the trained eye with creative flare and a handy husband.


Laura



Growing up on a farm my whole life, I have inherited the "junk gene". My entire life I have seen dusty old forgotten things turned into something new and creative. Also no longer living on a farm and having an endless amount of free junk, I have learned to find inspiration at dollar stores, yard sales, and thrift stores.
Newly engaged I will be posting decor and craft ideas for weddings.
Also my grandmother has been quilting for years and I have had the privilege to learning her
skill. There will be posts of quilts I have done and hopefully quilts I am working on (fingers
crossed)



Lianne



I have always said that the older and more beat up a piece is, the more I like it! Having been married to the "handy husband" for more than 23 years there have been many great finds. For many years, I was a stay at home mom to 3 kids. The "cheaper" the piece, the better. Even though I work full time now that the kids are older, I still love a good deal. Something from Nothing is the result of Aunt and Niece's shared love of thrifty decorating and entertaining. Stop by often to see what we are up to next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these