The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Friday, November 4, 2011

Ladder Rescue

 I had been looking for a ladder for quite some time, and thinking about all of the great things I could do with it when I finally found one that fit my budget.  It could be a towel rack in the main bathroom, or  a quilt rack in the hallway.  It didn't really matter, it was just something I thought I needed.  May 2010 we spent a glorious day at Christie Lake Antique Show and Sale.  This is an awesome way to spend a Spring Saturday, more cool stuff than you can imagine, and it gets my DIY ideas flowing.  At that particular show, there were many ladders to choose from.  Maybe I just noticed all of them  because that is what I was thinking  I needed.  Anyway, I brought this 8 rung apple ladder home, for a mere $20  and started imagining the possibilites.  Unfortunately it was too wide for the bathroom, and realistically didn't work in the main hallway either.  So to the garage it went and stayed for months.  We completed the mudroom and laundry room and had a very long wall with nothing of interest.  Why not hang a ladder on the wall?!?

As you can see, I really just left it as it was with paint splatters and all.  The coolest part are the metal pieces at the far end.  They are still in tact too. This is a great display area for all things simple; buttons in a jar, rocks, some dried flowers from the garden, and a swag with berries and buttons,  and all Handy Husband had to do was figure out how to hang it. No cutting involved.

My scrabble letter sign really says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these