The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paper Mache Christmas Ornament






Okay so this year I am planning on doing an earthy natural looking tree with lots of textures and different shades of earth tones. So I made this paper mache Christmas ornament. VERY EASY and cheap. It would be a great craft to do with kids. 


All you Need:
Glue $1.00 (Dollarama)
Book $2.00 (Dollarama)
Christmas Ball Ornaments $1.50 (Dollarama)
Scissors
Newspaper
Water
Bowl


So this book was about golf i think.... Anyways I knew it would be great for this project. You could also use a old book that you don't particularly like. So cut out the pages and then cut the words in strips. I used in the beginning one line of writing per strip but that was taking WAY to0 long. So then I did two lines of words per strip and it seemed to work out great. 


 Then just mix you glue with the water in a bowl. I just guessed on how much glue and water I needed. It worked out. I probably used 1cup of water and 1/2c of glue.


 Then just start dipping your strips of paper into the glue mixture and place on your ball ornament. Let dry overnight and there you have it. Very fun, cheap , and an unique way to update a Christmas Ornament.


1 comment:

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these