The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Solar lamps from recycled dishes

I love when a good idea comes to fruition and when I see something for $25 at a Garden Centre and I can confidently say, "Well,  I can make that for a lot less."
The finished product
At $7-$8 per lantern they are a great inexpensive gift
A quick trip to Value Village, and the Dollar Store, some Quick Grip glue, left over from my Sea Glass project and we were on our way.








 I mixed and matched the original candy bowl sets












added the solar light(from the dollar store, with the stakes removed)










patiently glued, and waited for it to dry,




and voila a unique patio lantern that can either sit on a table or hang on a garden hook in your flower bed.










 Great hostess or thank you gift. 






Laura had her first Wedding Shower today, and she received a "Something from Nothing" lamp.  How fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these