The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Door Character


So these doors were feeling kind of  boring to me. Don't ask why... I just would like to add some character to the doors. First I thought I will paint the whole door black but then the lyrics from the song " I saw a red door and I wanted to paint it black" came into my mind. Kind of drastic and I think I  would seriously regret it when or if we were to sell this house.

So the hinges and door knobs can't be hard to change right.....



 SO the right way to do this would be to take the door off and then take the hinges off and then the door knob. Well what can I say? It would be too much damn work to take off all these doors! And plus taking off my front door? I don't think so. 
So I decided to instead tape off around the hinges and door knob. And then spray paint them. Yes I did it. And it turned out to be just as much work as it would have been to take all the doors off :( I really don't suggest you do it this way. The cons are
Fumes in your house from the spray paint
The spray paint runs like crazy no matter what you do
You have to basically paint your doors again cause spray paint gets everywhere.
Just don't do it the lazy way. 



But it does look amazing! Much better than the brass colour.
 




It was a nice simple way to add some character too my front door. Also I was thinking about doing the frame of the windows black. I am still undecided. Maybe a project for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these