The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Wonderful Uses for Paper


So I have been working on my general decor in my living room upstairs. I painted it a while ago this Granite Grey colour and I love it. I was feeling like I didn't have any colour other than white, beige, and grey. So I wanted to move into the yellow grey colour scheme. But in the middle of winter it is next to impossible to find decor options in yellow. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. So I went to Michaels and got some yellowish scrapbook paper.


I used scrapbook paper but you could also use fabric or wall paper. I found it was a very cheap easy craft to do to add a punch of colour in my living area.


So I took some books that I am not interested in reading again. But I didn't want to ruin the book cover in case I want to donate them one day or more unlikely read them again. 


So I cut the paper to be bigger than the book and then folded the paper over the cover of the book. 



 

And that's it! Nice little detail that literally cost me 3 dollars and I still had some left over. So I decided  since it was so easy to cover the books that I could surely cover some of my candles!






These are just some small little things you can do to change things up in your home and not spend a lot of money or time. It's also great if you just aren't sure about an accent colour and you just want to try it out and see how it looks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these