The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Friday, September 19, 2014

More Fall Decor

Isn't fall the best time for decorating?  I love the colours and the textures that fall introduces, and although I decorated my mantle 2 weeks ago, a day off with time to look around, meant changing things up. 
It is so much fun to go "shopping" in your home and find the stuff that you can make work in another room, or an unexpected twist for an object that you have had for a long time. 
I decided that my book shelves were way too busy for my minimalistic personality and they were causing conflict with my equally busy mantle.  A few tweaks here and there, and I think it is much calmer. 




















I already had the can of spray paint from another project so it was just a quick spray to cover the tin pail and when I turn the butterfly toward the fireplace, no one even knows it is there.















I found silk florals (mums, Japanese lanterns, and some foliage) at Michaels with a 40% discount.  My new arrangement was just $22.00 and will look great for many seasons. I didn't want to cut the stems, in case I decided to use them in another container one day, so I just bent them and fastened them together with  a really fancy elastic band.



























This little box was a little sad with only half a bottom, but Jeff found the perfect piece to nail in place and finish it off.  A piece of muslin to line it, and it is home to a great crop of pumpkins.








2 bags of mini pumpkins at the grocery store for $3.99 each for a pop of colour .  I washed them in bleach as I had seen on Pinterest, in an effort to help them to last longer.




                                 Oh, and I added a little something new to my cheesebox that is featured in the post Family Room Finds but  that's a post for another day. 

Happy Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these