The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Nautical Living Room Before and After

Hey guys we are back... again! We have missed you and we are sorry! We promise we will be better this time! 

I am going to start off with posting my previous house, the lake house. I call it lake house but it wasn't on the water, it was steps from beaches, marinas, and parks it was impossible not to be inspired by my surroundings. Thats why I refer to it as a cottage or lake house!I loved the area, it was relaxing and beautiful. The neighbours were pretty amazing, which was a big bonus! I loved living there and still miss it! 
The previous owners had lived there for 60 years and had done very little updating...at all. It was dark, dirty, and in need of lots of love. I wanted to go nautical without being over the top, the house is very small so I tried to kept things simple.




Before




 After

Taking down the valance over the window adding Crisp white curtain from Ikea. Painting all the trim and wainscotting bright white paint from Home Depot. I used Zinseer BIN Primer first which covered the lacquered wainscotting very well. The light blue grey walls keeps this space light and airy. 



**Also spot the new door it was free I might add! I will post about that adventure another time! Oh and the coffee table I made that also! We have so much to catch up on.


The mirror and the bookshelf are also from Ikea



This little lake house stole my heart. So happy with how it turned out and how easy it was to do! Keep checking in for lots more to come of before and afters of each room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these