The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Field of Poppies- finger painting

Well as I indicated in my last post, I like to branch out and stretch my creativity and so with this photo taken a few years ago in Italy I decided that a field of poppies would be a great accent in Jordan's new bedroom.  This time I supplemented those first oil paints that I had purchased with some larger tubes, and a little better quality.  With the information that I had gleaned from Iris Scott's Book I set to work to paint these rich red poppies.  You will notice how my background started out yellow.  I guess that's the beauty of creating your own work.  It is exactly that, your own, and you can change your mind, and the colour, any time you like.







                                                A work in progress.




                                                The finished product.


And hanging in Jordan's redone bedroom.  It looks awesome with his red bedspread.  See it in the blog post Dresser makeover.  
I hope these posts have inspired you to try your hand at finger painting. We would love to see your finished piece, and stay tuned, because my next project was even bigger and my son says, the best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these